Alumni Association Seeking Award Nominees
Nov 19, 2006
The Humboldt State University Alumni Association is seeking nominations for its 2007 Distinguished Alumni Awards. Distinguished alumni are individuals recognized as leaders in their fields, and outstanding contributors to their community, nation, or Humboldt State University. While membership in the Alumni Association is not required, nominees should have demonstrated continued interest in HSU and the Alumni Association, and should be able to accept the award in person.
In new fashion, the Alumni Association will acclaim honorees in five different areas of distinction:
- The Distinguished Alumni Achievement Award is granted to graduates or former students for significant accomplishments in business or professional life or for distinguished human service to their community, state, or nation.
- The Distinguished Alumni Service Award is granted to graduates or former students for specific and meritorious service to the University, the Alumni Association and/or the local community.
- The Distinguished Alumni Recognition Award is granted to graduates or former students for outstanding contributions (financial or non-financial) to the University and/or the Alumni Association.
- The Distinguished Recent Alumni Award is granted to graduates or former students, who are within 15 years of their graduation at the time of nomination, for significant accomplishments in business or professional life or for service to the University and/or the Alumni Association.
- The Distinguished Friend of the University Award is granted to individuals who are not alumni of the University in recognition of specific and meritorious service on behalf of the quality and advancement of the University and/or the Alumni Association.
The deadline for nominations is Tuesday, January 2, 2007. The recipients will be honored at a ceremony April 19.
Nominations may be submitted in person to the Alumni Relations office, 215 Siemens Hall on the HSU campus; mailed to Alumni Relations, Humboldt State University, 1 Harpst Street, Arcata, CA 95521; or faxed to (707) 826-5148.
For details or nomination forms, contact Alumni Relations at (707) 826-3132 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A form will also be available at http://www.humboldt.edu/~alumni/.