Alumni News Archive
Learn about the amazing things Humboldt State grads are accomplishing. For the latest alumni news and upcoming events, visit the Humboldt Alumni web site.
- Week of: Nov 13, 2016
- Moonstone Crossing Winery is Acting Locally to Make Global Impact »
- Week of: Sep 04, 2016
- Alum Awarded Prestigious Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowship » Du Cheng (‘11, Biology) is among 30 recipients of the prestigious Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans, the premier graduate school fellowship for immigrants and children of immigrants.
- Week of: Jul 31, 2016
- Sarah Wilber: Finding Opportunities in the Trash at Six Rivers Brewery » When Sarah Wilber (‘14, Communication, ‘16 M.B.A.) was growing up, it was her father who encouraged her to explore the world and seek new challenges. With this advice, Wilber came to Humboldt State. And for the last five years, she’s learned that keeping an open mind to new experiences is key to seizing life’s opportunities.
- Week of: Jun 26, 2016
- Lessons in Life and Business Found in Fish » Leading people and caring for fish have a lot in common.
Designing an office is like creating a fishpond; taking care of an office is like nurturing a habitat; and running a business is like fostering an ecosystem.
This is the business world according to Po Chung (‘69 Fisheries Management), who founded and led DHL International and is now leading an effort to reform education in Hong Kong.
- Week of: Apr 10, 2016
- HSU Honors the Year’s Distinguished Alumni » Humboldt State University has been recognizing the achievements of alumni since 1960 when it launched its annual Who’s Who Award. Distinguished alumni are individuals recognized as leaders in their fields, and/or outstanding contributors to their community, nation, or Humboldt State University. Here are this year's winners.