Alumni News Archive
Learn about the amazing things Humboldt State grads are accomplishing. For the latest alumni news and upcoming events, visit the Humboldt Alumni web site.
- Week of: Apr 19, 2015
- HSU Honors the Year’s Distinguished Alumni » Four alumni of Humboldt State University were recognized at the annual Honors Dinner recently with the 2015 Distinguished Alumni Award.
- Week of: Feb 01, 2015
- Computer Science Alumni Team Up with Local Flower Farm » When Deven Smith and TC Maiero graduated from Humboldt State with degrees in computer science, they never thought they’d be working for a local flower farm.
- Week of: Jan 11, 2015
- Giving to HSU Reaches Near-Record $7 million in 2013-14 » Humboldt State University received more than $7.1 million in voluntary support in 2013-14, an increase of nearly 29 percent over the previous year.
- Week of: Nov 30, 2014
- Fall Graduates Honored at Annual Grad Fair » Humboldt State University will host its annual Fall Graduate Fair for students graduating in fall 2014 from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 11 in the Great Hall, above the College Creek Marketplace.
- Week of: Oct 05, 2014
- CSU Creates Yearbook for Class of 3 Million Celebration » Cal State University will see its living alumni pass the 3 million mark with commencement in the spring.
- Week of: Sep 21, 2014
- Homecoming & Family Weekend Begins Friday » With a creative flare, Humboldt State’s Homecoming & Family Weekend marches into the spotlight Friday with a parade through campus and the community.
- Week of: Jul 27, 2014
- Former Lumberjack Goes the (Double) Distance For Charity » Running’s personal rewards have long been documented – improved health being the most prevalent. But recent Humboldt State alum Armando Ibarra-Espinoza (’14, Kinesiology) has focused his fitness on benefitting others.
- Alumni Ocean Experts Team Up To Stem the Tide of Rising Seas » It was a foggy morning on the Pacific Ocean, resulting in a traffic jam of ships waiting to cross the bar and enter Humboldt Bay. But instead of venting frustration and impatience, the captains of vessels ranging from a U.S. Navy frigate to an oil barge, to Humboldt State’s own Coral Sea, joined together in a symphony on the sea.