Alumni News Archive
Learn about the amazing things Humboldt State grads are accomplishing. For the latest alumni news and upcoming events, visit the Humboldt Alumni web site.
- Week of: Oct 15, 2006
- HSU Alum Weighs Salmon’s Future » Dr. Robert T. Lackey, Humboldt State University alumnus ('67) and now senior fisheries biologist at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency research laboratory in Corvallis, Oregon, is among the editors of a new book published by the American Fisheries Society titled "Salmon 2100: The Future of Wild Pacific Salmon."
- Week of: Oct 08, 2006
- HSU Alum’s Play Premieres Oct. 12 » "Range of Light," a new play by HSU alum Wendy J. Williams ('02), premieres Thursday through Saturday, Oct.12-14, and Thursday through Saturday, Oct. 19-21, at Humboldt State's Van Duzer Theatre. The new curtain time is 7:30 p.m.
- Week of: Sep 10, 2006
- Geography Alumni Win Award for Research » Two recent HSU Geography graduates took the top undergraduate prize at the annual Association of Pacific Coast Geographers meeting, September 6 through 8 in Eugene, Oregon.
- Week of: Aug 06, 2006
- Fulbright Scholar Headed to Indonesia » Humboldt State University 2002 alumna Melissa (Lisa) Baughn won a distinguished Fulbright Scholarship to teach English in the Republic of Indonesia as part of her graduate study at Humboldt State's sister school, California State University, Northridge.
- Week of: Jul 30, 2006
- HSU Alum Wins Another National Wildlife Award » Humboldt State University graduate student and alumnus Dominic Bachman will be honored at the National Meeting of the Wildlife Society in Anchorage, Alaska, September 23-27, for one of 10 awards and scholarships he has amassed with his path-breaking work with the Aleutian cackling goose population in Humboldt and Del Norte Counties.
- Week of: Jun 04, 2006
- Art Alumnus Tends to Hallway Garden » The brilliantly colorful “Davood’s Garden” – a whimsical hallway stretch of sculptures, shapes, and textures – is an irresistible stopping point, connecting the two HSU art buildings.
- Week of: May 14, 2006
- Three Notable Alumni Honored at HSU » Honoring three of the university's exceptional alumni, Humboldt State University's Alumni Association held its 2005-2006 Distinguished Alumni Awards, April 27, over a banquet dinner on the Humboldt State campus.
- Week of: Apr 30, 2006
- Nakamura Honored Alum at UC Berkeley » Humboldt State Associate Professor Ken Nakamura, director of the master's of social work program, was honored on April 29 as the UC Berkeley School of Social Welfare Alumni of the Year.
- Week of: Apr 02, 2006
- Alumni Assoc. Names Honorees » Continuing a tradition begun in 1960, the HSU Alumni Association recently named this year's three Distinguished Alumni Award recipients: Richard Corsi, Kevin Daum and Eric Ramos.
Page 11 of 11 pages « First < 9 10 11