Arts & Entertainment Archive
Plan your night out with Arts & Entertainment at Humboldt State.
- Week of: Sep 03, 2006
- Kenny Werner Trio to present Jazz Concert and Master Class » The Redwood Jazz Alliance and the HSU Music Department are proud to present an evening of jazz with the world-renowned Kenny Werner Trio. Fresh from the Green Mill in Chicago, Werner's piano trio, featuring Johannes Weidenmueller on bass and Ari Hoenig on drums, will play Monday night, September 25th, at 7:00 p.m. in Fulkerson Recital Hall on the campus of Humboldt State University in Arcata. Tickets are $15 for general admission, $10 for seniors and students with ID.
- Adventurers Host Slideshow on Campus » National Geographic photographer Michael "Nick" Nichols and ecologist J. Michael Fay of National Geographic and the Wildlife Conservation Society will host a free slideshow and lecture -- The Last Place on Earth -- Friday, Sept. 22 at 7:30 p.m. in Humboldt State University's John Van Duzer Theater.
- Week of: Aug 20, 2006
- In Rhythm » Humboldt State University music professor Eugene Novotney's oldest memories involve music -- from beating out perfect music time as a toddler, to playing his first snare drum at 5 years old.
- First Street Gallery Unveils Two Exhibits » Humboldt State University's First Street Gallery is announcing the unveiling of two new exhibits: "3 Figurative Artists: Drawings and Paintings by Robert Burroughs, Theresa Oats and Jonnie Russell," and a faculty and staff exhibition showcasing the talent of the artists who teach and work in Humboldt State University's Art Department. Both exhibits run August 29 through September 23, 2006.
- Week of: Jun 18, 2006
- Gallery Pays Tribute to Alumna Artist » Humboldt State University's First Street Gallery's newest exhibition, Ingrid Nickelsen: A Life's Work, will be on display July 1 through August 13, 2006
- Week of: Apr 30, 2006
- Action-Sport Photographer Visits HSU » A free photography slideshow and lecture featuring action-sports photographer Corey Rich will be held Monday, May 8 at 7 p.m. in the Kate Buchanan Room in the University Center on the HSU campus.
- Week of: Mar 19, 2006
- HSU Music Students Play in Reno » Five students from HSU's music department were invited to participate in the College Band Directors National Association Intercollegiate Band, an elite ensemble of outstanding musicians from small colleges throughout the western United States. The band performed in Reno, NV, on March 18, 2006 at the western division conference of the College Band Directors National Association.
- Art Prof Featured at Local Gallery » Humboldt State University First Street Gallery is pleased to present, "Lien Truong: Portrait of a Contemporary Family," on exhibition from April 1, 2006 through May 14, 2006.
- Brass Band Plays on Campus » The HSU Department of Music presents The Humboldt Bay Brass Band (HBBB) in concert Saturday, April 8 at 8 p.m. in the Fulkerson Recital Hall, guests ranging from the serpent to the saxophone. Music will include renaissance dance music, fanfares of the German court played on long natural trumpets without valves, and music of the twentieth century.
- Week of: Feb 26, 2006
- Chamber Music Workshop Prizewinners » Tony Clements, Director of the 2006 Humboldt Brass Chamber Music Workshop, announced the annual Composition Contest winners on Monday.
Page 11 of 11 pages « First < 9 10 11