CSU Statement on California Faculty Association Contract Ratification
May 04, 2016
_The following was provided by the California State University's Chancellor's Office._
(May 3, 2016) –– “The California State University is pleased the California Faculty Association (CFA) Board of Directors and membership have ratified the Tentative Agreement. The Tentative Agreement will now be considered by the CSU Board of Trustees at the May 24-25 meeting.”
New Contract Provisions
- Provides 10.5 percent in General Salary Increases for all faculty unit employees over a three-year period (fiscal years 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18).
- Includes a 2.65 percent service salary increase for all eligible faculty unit employees in fiscal year 2017-18.
- The minimum increase on promotion for Assistant and Associate Professors grows from 7.5 to 9 percent.
- Doubles the vesting period from 5 to 10 years for retiree health benefits for employees hired after July 1, 2107.
- Extends the collective bargaining agreement through June 30, 2018.