Find news and information on our campus’ most honored faculty, staff and students.
- Week of: May 12, 2019
- Humboldt Bay ‘Site of Hemispheric Importance’ for Shorebirds Thanks to HSU Research » A 2018 survey that counted more than half a million shorebirds on Humboldt Bay has led a conservation group to upgrade the bay’s status as a critical habitat for dozens of species of migrating and regional shorebirds.
- HSU Graduate Students Work to Improve Support for Native Foster Youth » A group of HSU Social Work students has been working to improve Native American foster youth’s access to support and services.
- Week of: May 05, 2019
- HSU Teams with Colleges to Improve Equity of Online STEM Learning » Humboldt State and other partner universities have been awarded a $1.3 million grant to improve access and success in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) courses in California’s colleges and universities.
- Week of: Apr 28, 2019
- HSU Students Excel at CSU Research Competition » An HSU student took home a second place award at the 33rd Annual California State University Student Research Competition at CSU Fullerton.
- ideaFest: an Exhibit of Student Accomplishments » More than 400 students will present research, performances and more at this year’s ideaFest, on Friday, May 3, from 12-5 p.m. in the HSU Library.
- Week of: Apr 14, 2019
- Ocean Acidification a Challenge for Shellfish in Humboldt Bay » A sophisticated ocean chemistry-monitoring instrument installed last year has given researchers some preliminary results—and cause for concern.
- Week of: Mar 03, 2019
- McCrone Award-Winning Faculty, Student Honored for Research Excellence » Environmental Science & Management Professor Kerry Byrne, Biology Professor John Steele, Forestry Professor Lucy Kerhoulas, and graduate student Christopher Ramponi won awards that recognize the accomplishments of HSU’s excellent newer faculty members and students.
- Week of: Jan 20, 2019
- Study: Humboldt Bay Bivalve Business Has a Big Local Impact » As the oyster capital of California, Humboldt Bay’s bivalve business is big for the region, with a local economic impact of about $20 million in 2016, according to a survey conducted by Humboldt State University and California Sea Grant researchers.
- Week of: Oct 28, 2018
- NCAA, Defense Department Expand Concussion Study with $22.5M in New Funding » The world's most comprehensive concussion study is being dramatically expanded with an infusion of nearly $22.5 million in new funding from the U.S. Department of Defense and the NCAA to examine the impacts of head injuries over several years.
- Week of: Sep 23, 2018
- Grants Provide Millions for HSU Research and Support Student Success » Humboldt State faculty, staff, and student researchers were awarded $23 million in new grant funding administered and secured by HSU’s Sponsored Programs Foundation (SPF) last year.
- Week of: Sep 09, 2018
- How Do Ticks Survive Between Meals? Vitamins » One Pacific Northwest tick is quite the survivor.
- Week of: Aug 26, 2018
- Professor Honored for Innovation and Leadership » HSU Professor of Social Work Jennifer Maguire, who has conducted groundbreaking research into student food and housing insecurity, is among 26 faculty members in the California State University (CSU) system who received Faculty Innovation and Leadership Awards for their commitment to student success.
- Week of: May 13, 2018
- HSU Basketball’s Kindall Murie Awarded NSF Fellowship Grant »
- Week of: Apr 29, 2018
- HSU Announces Hundreds of Thousands in Scholarships » Humboldt State University has already awarded about $425,000 in scholarships for the next academic year, providing financial support to hundreds of incoming and current students.
Page 1 of 13 pages 1 2 3 > Last »