Sep 09, 2019
The University is ranked as the 14th top public school in the west, and 54 out of 140 schools (including private institutions) in the region. The University tied with several others on the lists.
To calculate the rankings, U.S. News & World Report gathers data from each college on up to 15 indicators of academic excellence, including graduation and first-year student retention rates, social mobility, class size, student excellence, expert opinion, alumni giving, graduation rate performance, and more, according to a press release.
U.S. News & World Report also ranked HSU on lists for other categories:
• #37 in Regional Universities West (tie)
• #21 in Best Colleges for Veterans (tie)
• #43 in Best Value Schools
• #41 in Top Performers on Social Mobility (tie)
• #75 in Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs (tie)